Friday, December 2, 2011

Update

So, it looks like my proposal for my project will finally be approved soon. :-) Also the project is pretty much done. I have it good to go as far as Richard XXXX is concerned about generating sensible matches. Part of me would like to play and implement some sort of Needleman&Wunsch algorithm instead of edit distance, but... it's not a huge deal, and I don't think I'd get that much more out of it.

I look forward to seeing how it performs on Wednesday, when I'm on campus, and don't have to do the vpn-thing. It should perform much better - the cell names took the longest, but that's because there are thousands of them, and they're much more likely to have weird punctuation issues. Two hours to check a couple thousand, but then again, it beats checking them all by hand by a huge amount.

I took out the suggestion request code, it's just not something I see as valuable for the service to do. There's going to be enough overlap between tissue type and disease that it may be confusing and the user should know what they're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment