Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rebranding Google Refine

Google Refine is cool with you modifying their code and redistributing it... as long as you don't call it "Google Refine." So, I'm going through the process of rebranding Google Refine as BIORefine.

The first thing I did was whip up a nifty little replacement for the Google Refine logo.






It was created with two different heights 30px and 40px. it goes in the grefine/main/webapp/modules/core/images folder.

grefine/main/webapp/modules/core/index.vt is edited to change Google Refine to BIORefine.

There are a handful of other files to be changed (mostly the .html files in grefine/main/webapp/modules/core/scripts/index/ such as create-project-ui-source-selection.html).

Edit: I'll probably update this guide as I find more that I've missed (like about.html - although I did leave all the text in, just added that BIORefine is a modified version of Google Refine).

No comments:

Post a Comment