Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weird Errors

So, I posted to the GoogleGroup requesting help for the GWTUpload issues I've been having. Now I suspect that my code is alright, and that it's all Eclipse's fault. I'm updating my blog now because Eclipse decided that the library for GWT has gone "missing" even thought it was right where it has been for as long as I've been working on this project. I'm most of the way through doing the File Upload the less-fun way, but if I can get GWTUpload to work in the future, it's preferable. I like the little upload-tracker bar, but I can't really justify spending time writing that code myself. Anyway, that would totally make sense of why the servlet functions weren't working. To do: - Meet with liaison for project - Meet up with test subjects, make sure that the project will actually help them with their day-to-day lives - finish this stupid backbone.... Here's the grand plan, at least as far as I see it:
Basically the front end is where users add data (right now xls, xlsx, csv- formatted data). That data goes through a parser (which is mostly done), and it is then loaded into the back end mini-database. For the user to see the data, there will be a JSON generator that takes the db-data and sends it to the front end in the format of JSON. The TBA is for the user-directed operations on the data.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to improve your knowledge only keep visiting this website and be updated with the most recent news update posted here.
    Historical Options Prices

    ReplyDelete