Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Parsers

I've finished with all my file parsers. I have code to parse xls, xlsx, and csv files. Now to work on the database part of the project. Things are going along swimmingly. :-) I'm probably going to look into posting my code online for the parsers, after I make it pretty. It's not the best-est super genius thing ever (I used POI and Open-CSV), but it is unique (as far as I can tell) in that it handles multiple sheets in a coherent fashion. SQLite is next. I'm not sure if I want to have it as a separate jar, like the parsers, I probably should. keep the server code to just interface stuff. Actually, first is trying to fix the GWT code, it got jacked up somehow and isn't opening an internal jetty server anymore. I had tried to change it so I could just host it locally and set up a php script to do the file upload (it just works better, but I'm guessing I'm going to end up doing it in the hard way with Java because I like testing my code often). TODO: Long term: -Wait for meeting with end users to be set up before I do too much UI work, find out if I can just pass that off to someone else. -Look into the API I want to interface with.

No comments:

Post a Comment